Whey protein supplements help you in building up your muscles and giving them the perfect shape. Protein is an important part of the human muscles. Protein helps in keeping the muscles intact, and you will have the required amount of protein through the supplements. Therefore, you can easily have a good body shape. Nowadays, whey protein supplements are easily available in different flavors. Strawberry, butter, vanilla, banana and chocolate are very common types of flavor. The supplements can be taken in many ways, either directly or added in food items like juice or pudding. To control your weight, it is good to have a regular use of low carb low glycemic whey protein supplement.
Whey protein is the richest and purest protein source. It contains essential and non-essential amino acids which are found in food items. The amino acid content found in whey protein is more than that of milk proteins, egg whites, or soy milk.
Whey protein supplements are in 3 categories:
- Whey protein concentrate, which gives the lactose and fat levels.
- Whey protein isolate powders, which contains no carbs, fat and lactose.
- Whey protein blends, which combines whey protein isolate and concentrate for added benefits.
These are some of the benefits of whey protein supplements:
- Muscles – Whey protein supplements usually have branched chain amino acids (BCAAS) in high amounts. Some examples are isoleucine, valine and leucine. Some of the also have non-essential amino acids such as glutamine which helps the muscles in recovery from a hard workout.
- Support for fitness – the supplements also support fitness. A nutrition and fitness expert can really help in this case.
- Bodybuilding – Whey protein supplements are also very good for endurance training and bodybuilding. The supplements are really helpful in healthy bodybuilding without side effects. They are also good for endurance programs for marathoners, especially after going through an intensive training session.
- Weight loss – It is very helpful in solving weight loss problems. This is because it is very low in cholesterol, fat and lactose. Many people now make it to form a part of all diet replacement and weight loss programs. Including whey protein in your diet, in addition to proper exercise, helps in maintaining a healthy and well toned body.
- Good for vegetarians – whey protein only comes from cow’s milk. Therefore, it is very good for vegetarians.
- Lactose intolerance solution – whey protein isolate does not have lactose. Therefore, it is good for people suffering from lactose intolerance. However, you should always check the ingredients to ascertain that you are getting the right content.
- Good for infants and pregnant women – whey protein is good for infants and pregnant women who are not prone to side effects from dairy products. It is soluble. Therefore, it can be digested easily by infants. However, you need to make a confirmation of the type and dosage of whey protein you are using.
- Ideal for cancer patients – people suffering from cancer usually experience weight loss and weakness due to loss of appetite. In this case, whey protein can be very useful because it is easy to digest and high in essential amino acids.
- Protection against breast cancer – many studies have shown that women having high levels of amino acid cysteine have reduced risk of having breast cancer. The reason is that amino acid cysteine is present in whey protein.
- Immune system improvement – whey protein also helps to make the immune system to be stronger. This is done through the improvement of glutathione levels in the body. This is a very good way of living a healthy life, especially in cases of people suffering from diabetes and heart diseases.
There are many forms of whey protein supplements. They are in the form of pills and powder. You may use water with the powdered form to create a milkshake. Milk serves as a way of having different flavors. You may also directly take the pills with water if you do not have the time involved in the preparation of the powdered one.